Digestive Disorder Package
Do you often feel bloated or sluggish after eating? Are you tired of your digestive issues affecting your personal life and getting in the way of all the things you love to do? Have your symptoms been diminished by other medical providers or have you been told there is nothing else that can be done? If your gut is out of balance, your body is out of balance. A properly functioning gastrointestinal system is critical for overall health and well-being.
It’s all about the gut!
In functional medicine we are trained to first look at the gut which is usually where inflammation starts or where inflammation is most pronounced. The gastrointestinal system comprises 75% of the body’s immune system. Inflammation is the body’s normal response to injuries or infections. What if that inflammatory reaction is continually stimulated by an imbalance in the gastrointestinal tract and becomes chronic inflammation? Recent studies have shown that chronic inflammation is linked to the progression of disease processes such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, some cancers and alzheimer’s disease. It makes sense that if we keep the gut happy and healthy, then we will more than likely feel better and maybe prevent the progression of disease.
Often times we ignore the signals our body is sending us that something is wrong. Gut imbalances have been linked to the root of many chronic conditions including:
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Hormone Imbalances
- Migraines/ Headaches
- Leaky Gut
At Integrative Medicine of Arizona, we understand that your digestive issues can be painful, inconvenient and sometimes embarrassing, leading you to avoid social and family activities that normally bring you joy. We also know that untreated digestive issues can lead to a host of chronic conditions making matters even worse. That is why we work with you to get to the root cause of your issues and come up with a plan to improve the quality of your life by using the Functional Medicine 5-R Program to heal your gut.
5-R Protocol by the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Remove – During this process we investigate and remove things that negatively affect the environment of the GI tract including any problematic inflammatory foods, environmental toxins, and problematic infections from yeast, parasites or bacteria.
- Replace – Now it is time to replace the bad with the good. After we know what is impacting your ability to digest and absorb foods, we will begin adding back in healing ingredients such as digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and bile acids to aid digestion.
- Repopulate – We are now working on creating a healthy balance of “good” bacteria in your gut. Probiotics in the form of supplements or fermented foods will be added to your diet to create a strong foundation to fuel a healthy microbiome moving forward.
- Repair – In this stage the healing really begins. Here we start supporting intestinal cell regrowth as the GI begins to repair itself. By supplying key nutrients that are often in short supply in a compromised gut we often times add zinc, antioxidants, fish oil, and the amino acid glutamine to support the healing process.
- Rebalance – In this final stage we will be working together to address any previous imbalances or issues that may have contributed to your issues to begin with. Our Integrative Medicine team will work together with you to educate and take steps forward to create a sustainable diet, reduce stressors in your life and promote healthy exercises.
What’s Included in the Package
3 Visits with Dr. Dersam (within a 3 month timeframe)
- 90-minute comprehensive consultation to review your health history and put in place an individualized plan to begin healing
- 60-minute follow up visit to review the results of any specialized testing we order and to begin the treatment plan.
- 60-minute follow up to assess progress and to make any modifications to your treatment program
*The price of any specialized testing is not included in the price of the package. Depending on your insurance there is discounted pricing available, so we are unable to include that in the price. Any additional consultations will be charged at a per hour rate discussed with the patient.
How Do I Get Started?
To set up your first appointment call 480-621-8638 or send us a message by following the link below and we will reach out to you shortly.
Dr. Dersam and her Integrative Medicine team will help you get to the root problem of your digestive issues so you can start feeling healthy again and live the life you should be living. Call Today!