This Low Carb Baked Greek Chicken is bursting with flavor and is the perfect dish for those who have to watch their blood glucose and trying to stick to a Mediterranean Diet.
This recipe was originally published by:
Low Carb Baked Greek Chicken
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp crushed oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium size chicken thighs or breasts (4-6oz each)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 small mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (may use frozen-cook, drain and squeeze to remove excess moisture)
- 1/3 cup grated Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in oven proof skillet. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and oregano then sauté quickly to brown on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add in sun dried tomatoes, feta and spinach.
- Sprinkle with Italian cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving to maximize flavors.